[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: chol

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 25 07:35:33 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, October 24, 2021

Klingon word: 	chol
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	close in on, get closer to
Source: 	qepHom 2019

The word debuted in TKD:

   chollI'
   It is getting closer. (TKD)

(TKD 42):  If a missile is getting closer, but its intended destination is not known, {choltaH} (with {-taH} continuous) would be more appropriate.

(qepHom 2019 booklet):  The object of the verb {chol} is the thing/person you're getting closer to. {–Daq} is not needed. It's sometimes used, but it's redundant (though not out-and-out wrong.

SEE:
ghoS 		follow a course, proceed (v)

Duv 		advance (v)
tlhetlh 		progress (v)

DoH 		back away from, back off, get away from (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen