[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nevroD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 25 07:23:16 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, October 25, 2021

Klingon word: 	nevroD
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	tentacle
Source: 	qep'a' 28 [2021]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(Lieven, 11/01/2015):  Marc told me [at qepHom 2015] the following, said with my own words:  First, a {ghotI'} is a true fish, the animal that children would draw if they hear the word “fish”. A {bIQDep} covers most animals that live in the sea. Marc gave as possible examples "dolphins, whales, fish, octopus" but he said it's not used for shrimps or even smaller animals like water bugs. When asked for a seal, he said that a seal or a sealion does not really live IN the water, so that's probably not a {bIQDep}.  Every {ghotI'} is a {bIQDep}, but not every {bIQDep} is a {ghotI'}.

SEE:
cheyIS  		cephalopod (n) (qep’a’ 2021)
  “Another Klingon creature. It's definitely squid-like.” (qep’a’ 2021)

SEE ALSO:
nIwqen  	gill (n, body part) (qep’a’ 2021)
mIjDang  	fin, flipper (n, body part) (qep’a’ 2021)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen