[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lugh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 15 07:45:56 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	lugh
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be right, be correct

bIlugh
You're right. TKD

bIlughbe'
You're wrong. TKD

reH lugh charghwI'
The victor is always right. TKW

lugh; Sor rur
correct as a tree [common simile] KGT

bIlugh.  Do'Ha' QIp qabpaqwIj.
([untranslated] MO to Andre on FaceBook, 2/11/2014)

SEE:
bIQ ngaS HIvje' 		The cup contains water.
  - (KGT 120): This idiomatic expression means "be quite mistaken, be totally wrong".

bachHa' 	err, make a mistake [slang] (v) (KGT)

SEE ALSO:
qar 		be accurate (v)
teH 		be true (v)
vIt 		tell the truth (v)

lach 		exaggerate (v)
muj 		be wrong (v)
Qagh 		err, be mistaken, make a mistake (v)
nep 		lie (v)

QUOTATIONS FOR TRANSLATION:
"History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." (George Orwell, "1984")

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen