[tlhIngan Hol] the trauma of self-change

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Oct 7 12:05:03 PDT 2021

On 10/7/2021 2:37 PM, Alan Anderson wrote:
> Hoch qa' DaSov 'e' Daqap SoH, 'ej 'eDjen jIH'e' 'e' Dachup?
> bIrIS 'a' bI'aw'laHbe'. qabuSHa'.

I'm pretty sure this entire exchange is due to a misunderstanding of
rhetorical styles. He wasn't actually saying (in his first message) that
you or anyone here is a lying fool; he was just using a hypothetical
"someone" as a rhetorical enemy to put a great deal of emphasis behind
his statement. As I said in my other message, it should be taken in
exactly the same spirit as Krankor's "if anyone disagrees, we'll crush
them beneath our boots": not literally, not as judgment directed at you,
just as over-the-top rhetoric. That's how he always talks, so I
recognized it right away. It was a perfectly friendly message describing
a philosophical viewpoint.

(I'm not addressing the subsequent messages here because they were in
response to a perceived slight, and so were no longer in the rhetorical
style or friendly.)