[tlhIngan Hol] placement of the {-'e'} on numbers used for numbering

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 5 14:06:00 PDT 2021

latlh ghantoH tu’lu’ :

tlhIngan juHqo'Daq tlhIng yoSDaq 'oH toQDuj chenmoHlu'meH Daq wa'DIch'e'
1st Construction Site:  The Kling District, Klingon Home World.  (KBoP)

__
Voragh

From: SuStel

On 10/5/2021 8:21 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
So far so good. But if on the above examples we wanted to say {Duj cha'} "vessel number two", where would we need to place the {-'e'}? On the {Duj} or on the number {cha'}?

On the number. In Star Trek VI, General Chang says Qo'noS wa'Daq baHta' for fired on Kronos One.

In Star Trek V, Vixis says nImbuS wejDaq ejDo' 'entepray' ngeHlu'pu' for The starship Enterprise has been dispatched to Nimbus III.