[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HeH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 1 07:29:51 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	HeH
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	edge
Source: 	TKD

loS... qIb HeHDaq
It waits... on the edge of the galaxy ( S99)

ghIq SIqralDaq molor HoS waw' lupawmeH bIQtIq HeH juS SuvwI' ghom
The band of warriors then went past the shore to the river Skral, to
 Molor's seat of power.  (PB)

tlheDDI' quvmoHmeH veng HeHDaq lutlha' SaD law' nuvpu'
Thousands followed him to the edge of the city, to bid him farewell. (PB)

mob qeylIS ngeng HeHDaq yIt
And Kahless was alone walking along the shore (PB)

MILITARY TRIVIA:
Although first seen in DS9 "Apocalypse Rising" the "Ty'gokor Defense Perimeter" was already in place two centuries earlier (ENT "Judgment").

SEE:
bIQtIq HeH 	bank, river bank, shore (n)
bIQ'a' HeH 	[ocean] beach (n)
nagh HeH 	curb [of road or street] (n)
ngeng HeH	[lake] shore (n)
veng HeH	edge of the city (n)

SEE ALSO:
veH 		boundary, frontier, barrier, border (n)
Dop 		side (n)
reD 		side of geometric shape (n)
ghangwI' 	horizon (n)
qIbHeS 		galactic rim (n)
chevwI' tlhoy' 	territorial wall (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen