[tlhIngan Hol] The Little Prince in Klingon

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 28 07:19:15 PDT 2021

Surely there's another translation of "Le Petit Prince" you could use.  I did a quick check of OCLC, the international library cataloging cooperative, and found six English translations (by Sarah Ardizzone, Lucinda Karter Bent, Richard Howard, Ros & Chloe Schwarz, Vali Tamm, and Katherine Woods).  Failing that, you could translate it into English yourself.

If your French isn't up to it, here's an idea:  Set the copyrighted English (or German) translation you used aside and translate your Klingon version into English like DloraH did in his _ghIlghameS: A Klingon Translation_.  That would provide an in-universe Klingon "feel" to the text as well as serving as help for those readers whose own Klingon is a bit rusty or who aren't up on all the latest vocabulary and grammar/cultural insights from Okrand.

Voragh