[tlhIngan Hol] {vaj} connecting {-meH} clauses

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 06:41:09 PDT 2021

charghwI':
> First, I’d recommend {vIHbe’meH qa’vIn}
> over {qa’vIn vIHMoHbe’lu’meH}

Yes, this is a good suggestion too. I didn't give much thought to whether I
should use {vIHbe'meH} or {vIHmoHbe'lu'meH}. I just wrote the first thing
which came to mind.

SuStel:
> I think this comes from your liberal
> splicing of parenthetical phrases in the
> middle of sentences

Indeed! In fact, what I was actually intending to write was:

{HIvje' vIHmoHbe'lu'meH -vaj qa'vIn Qoy'moHbe'lu'meH- ngaDmoHwI' le' lo'lu'}

But I must have gotten distracted by something and forgot the dashes..

Yes, I admit it.. Parenthetical phrases are to me the same thing, as a fish
is to a cat. I just can't resist them.

On a totally unrelated subject, do you get delivery reports for the
messages you send to the list? I'm missing the delivery reports from
yesterday, and today.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/