[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "text" expressing "passage"

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 04:00:39 PDT 2021

We have the {mu'tlhegh meS} for "paragraph".

It just came to me, that perhaps we could say {mu'tlhegh meSmey mIr}
"a chain of paragraphs", and/or {mu'tlhegh meSmey tlhegh} "a line of
paragraphs" in order to express "text" /"passage".

Perhaps we could even say {mu'tlhegh meSmey cho'} "a succession of
paragraphs", or {mu'tlhegh meSmey tlhoQ} "a conglomeration of

Although I'm not quite sure for the last two, since perhaps the {cho'}
is to be used only for successions of emperors, chancellors, etc, and
as far as the {tlhoQ} is concerned, if I said that I truly understand
the meaning of the english "conglomeration" I'd be lying.

And because I know what someone is perhaps ready to say.. No,
"manuscript" isn't the same as "text" or "passage". At least in greek
it isn't, and here is where the {ghIlth} "manuscript" choice goes out
the window.

Or is "out of the window"? Oh, well..

Ζεὺς ἦν, Ζεὺς ἐστίν, Ζεὺς ἔσσεται· ὦ μεγάλε Ζεῦ

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list