[tlhIngan Hol] placement of the {-'e'} on numbers used for numbering

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 05:21:38 PDT 2021

Suppose we write the following:

Duj'e' DaH yIQaw'
destroy the vessel now

Duj'e' vIjemchoHpu'
I have begun to sense the vessel

Duj'e' Hotlhpu'bogh yuQ yIQaw'
destroy the vessel which has been scanned by the planet

So far so good. But if on the above examples we wanted to say {Duj cha'}
"vessel number two", where would we need to place the {-'e'}? On the {Duj}
or on the number {cha'}?

I tend to think that since the {-'e'} migrates in the case of ordinals e.g.
{Duj cha'DIch'e'} instead of {Duj'e' cha'DIch}, then it would be logical to
assume that the {-'e'} will migrate even in the case of numbers used for
numbering.

So, logically, in cases as the examples above the correct choice would
seemingly/apparently be {Duj cha''e'} for "vessel number two":

Duj cha''e' DaH yIQaw'
destroy the vessel number two now

Duj cha''e' vIjemchoHpu'
I have begun to sense the vessel number two

Duj cha''e' Hotlhpu'bogh yuQ yIQaw'
destroy the vessel number two which has been scanned by the planet

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/