[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: woSwa' ghew

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 22 07:18:50 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, November 20, 2021

Klingon word: 	woSwa' ghew
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	woodlouse-like bug, pillbug-like bug, rolling bug
Source: 	QelIS boqHarmey [Klingon Alice]

woSwa’  	armadillo-like animal (n)

(Klingon Alice p.238-39):  As it turns out, there’s a Klingon animal that does roll itself up into a ball when in danger (that is, it pretends to be dead or inanimate or something). It’s called a {woSwa’}.  There’s also a bug that does the same thing, and it’s called a {woSwa’ ghew}, suggesting that the rolling-up characteristic of the {woSwa’} is one of its defining features.

SEE ALSO:
tetlh  	roll (v)
  - “down a hill like a log” (De’vID < MO, 3/01/2019)
ron  	roll,  bank (e.g. aircraft) (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last