[tlhIngan Hol] {je} "too" with negative meanings on the second sentence

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 10 06:55:28 PST 2021

I found only one example of  the pattern{[VERB]be’ je}:

  chalqachDaq bIQaDbe' je
   Even in a tower you are not safe. (PB p.158-59)

I’m not sure what {je} adds to your sentence.  Is this a pattern in Greek?  I would just have said:

   yaS luHoHpu', 'a be' luHoHpu'be'.
   They killed the officer, but they didn’t kill the woman.

  yaS luHoHpu'; be' luHoHpu'be'.
  They killed the officer; they did not kill the woman.

(BTW I do like the sound of the repeating syllable {be’} in both “woman” and “not”.  To my ears it reinforces the message.)

--
Voragh
From: tlhIngan-Hol On Behalf Of mayqel qunen'oS
yaS luHoHpu', 'a be' luHoHpu'be' je
they killed the officer, but they didn't kill the woman too

Seemingly/apparently the English sentence sounds strange; but is there anything wrong with the Klingon one? Is there something wrong in using the {je} "too" this way?