[tlhIngan Hol] 'eSpanya' QISmaS (Beginner's text and questions)

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 03:35:26 PST 2021

On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 12:17, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 26.11.2021 um 12:02 schrieb De'vID:
> > That's not what I asked. You're setting up a secret meeting. You receive
> > a brief message that you meet when {cha'logh Qoylu'pu'}. Is your meeting
> > during daylight or at nighttime, and how can you tell?
>
> Maybe the same way we do that in English, or other languages?
>
> {DaHjaj ram maghom, cha'logh Qoylu'pu'DI'.}

I don't think that's necessary in Klingon because I think {cha'logh
Qoylu'pu'} already means "2 a.m." (and can only mean that). I'm asking for
evidence that it can also mean "2 p.m."

btw shouldn't your sentence be {DaHjaj ram maghomDI', cha'logh Qoylu'pu'}
(with the {-DI'} attached to {maghom})?

--
De'vID