[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qob

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 22 07:43:11 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, November 22, 2021

Klingon word: 	Qob
Part of speech:	noun
Definition: 	danger

Qob
Danger!  (CK)
[could also be a verb: "It's dangerous!"]

nIteb Qob qaD jup 'e' chaw'be' SuvwI'
A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone. (TKW )

Qob lIb bam SoH chuDlI' je
You and your people are in danger.  (STID)

(TKW 73; ST3):  Klingons have always considered it truly invigorating to face danger. As Commander Kruge said to Captain Kirk while the Genesis planet on which they were stranded was quickly falling apart, "Exhilarating, isn’t it?"

SEE:
lIb  	be impending, imminent, loom (v)
bam  	face, have the prospect of having to deal with (v)
chuD  	people, kin, member of the same group/tribe/clan (n)

SEE ALSO:
Qob  	be dangerous (v)
QaD  	be safe, protected (slang) (v)
Hoj  	be cautious (v)
Hung 	security (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last