[tlhIngan Hol] look what the cat dragged in

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Nov 10 12:01:44 PST 2021

Usually, we just sigh, but if we sigh something, the something is an utterance. Lewis Carol’s sentence could have validly been expressed in English as “The Mock Title sighed at last, ‘Once, I was a real Turtle.” Meanwhile, in Klingon, we’d say it more like Lewis Carol did:

Dul [Mock Tutle]. jatlh. [Once, I was a real Turtle.]