[tlhIngan Hol] grow and shrink

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 04:16:13 PST 2021

On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 at 09:13, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> <<<<<
> [...]
> And for "grow" as in "grow a mustache," make use of {nargh}, as in
> {nargh lochwIj} "I'm growing a mustache." (To indicate that you're doing
> it on purpose, you could say {nargh lochwIj 'e' vIchaw'} "I'm letting my
> mustache grow" or something similar.)
>  >>>>>

Does this mean the mustache is appearing, or is it escaping? Do Klingons
imagine that mustaches are imprisoned underground by their face, and when
they "grow" a mustache, it's the hairs actually escaping? Is it possible to
simply refuse permission for the mustache to escape/appear, i.e., {nargh
lochwIj 'e' vIchaw'Qo'}?

--
De'vID