[tlhIngan Hol] expressing baby animals

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Nov 28 08:27:03 PST 2021

Am 28.11.2021 um 15:24 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> Anyways, I just decided that until we get a Ca'Non way to express this
> (yeah right, as if that's ever gonna happen..) I'll be using
> {Ha'DIbaH-ghu} like this [...]

For my translation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, I talked to Marc
Okrand exactly on this. He agreed that {targh ghu} is okay for "Targ
puppy" or "baby targ". This also confirmed that an animal baby can use
the word {ghu}.

Okrand added:
"Right. Or {targh Qup} for a somewhat older targ."

So you may consider this as "canon", and it answers your question.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"