[tlhIngan Hol] the measure of all things

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Thu Nov 25 04:43:42 PST 2021

Dana'an:

> Man is the measure of all things.
> (Protagoras, ancient Greek philosopher)

> Human potlh law' Hoch potlh puS. (𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘴, 'elaDya' tIQ vIt
> nejwI')

Just a comment on Protagoras' philosophy. The sentence is (believed to be) an example of relativism, i.e., the philosophical theory maintaining that there is no objective truth. While it is probably not so radical as Plato discusses it in his work, it seems to imply that, at least speaking of thoughts, feelings and things created by humans (such as politics, culture, morals etc.), there is not only one truth for all of us, but rather a truth for every culture / society, for every period of time and, to some extent, for every person.

So, maybe *Humans are the most important thing* doesn't render this part dealing with the theory of knowledge. It's only a suggestion, I hope it can be somehow useful.