[tlhIngan Hol] new word: chotlh

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Nov 11 11:40:48 PST 2021

On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 1:40 PM Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> What I meant to say is that I'm surprised that after so many years of
> "wish-listing" we do have words to express the negative charge of a
> neutron, but not a word for such a basic thing like "stare at".

Words like {buS}, {nuD}, and {bej} (plus {-taH} and/or {-qu'}) have not
disappointed me when I needed to talk about that "basic thing".

I'm unsure about what the fundamental meaning of {chotlh} actually is. It
can be used for looking intently at something, but also for not looking at
anything? It sounds as if it's actually two somewhat related words, one
used only with an object and one used only without.

-- ghunchu'wI'