[tlhIngan Hol] look what the cat dragged in

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 08:36:47 PST 2021

Am 11.11.2021 um 16:11 schrieb De'vID:
> My understanding is that this is just saying that {pob} isn't limited to
> Klingons (or humanoids). So I think I would phrase your sentence in the
> other direction: "{veD} is how you would describe the {pob} on the body
> of the animal".

The main reason for this entry was to say that animals do not have
{jIb}, they have {pob}.

In English, "hair" can refer to both hair in an animal's fur and also to
what people have on their head. In Klingon, it is clearly defined as
hair on body.

So actually, this is not really new information, just a clarification,
but it lead to the new word for "whiskers", which at least in German is
also considered "hair", but in Klingon it's {pu'veng}.

----

In usage, you can now safely say {chatlhwIjDaq pob tu'lu'} "there's a
hair in my soup" and it's clear that this is not a human head hair.

On the other hand, {vIghro' jIb} would create a very weird image.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"