[tlhIngan Hol] Noun-noun constructions with relative clauses

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 02:51:02 PST 2021

Am 09.11.2021 um 18:04 schrieb Will Martin:
> It’s also strange that it’s forbidden to use a Type 7 suffix on the
> second verb of a Sentence As Object construction (a ban created by
> Okrand to cover a time when he forgot to use one)

IIRC, it was not his fault. I believe that this rule originated in the
incorrectly translated line {qama'pu' jonta' neH}, which one would have
instinctly translated as {qama'pu' vIjon vIneHta'} [sic], but as the
line was used already, Okrand had to adapt the grammar.

This line also produced the rule that {neH} does not use {'e'}.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"