[tlhIngan Hol] Noun-noun constructions with relative clauses

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Mon Nov 1 14:15:30 PDT 2021

>>> By the way, I know there are canonical examples of noun-noun constructions with noun + adjectival verb, but are there any canonical examples with a noun-noun construction containing a noun + relative clause?
>> Yes.
>> romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI' Romulan hunter-killer probe (STK)
>> There are undoubtedly others.

> That's a really good example. Thanks again!

Thinking about that example it just ocurred to me that such a structure could actually be ambiguous. I know it doesn't make much sense, but it *could* also mean *The probe of the Romulan who she / he will find and kill* or *The probe of the Romulans she / he / they will find and kill*. In phrases with this or similar structure, context or, if necessary, rephrasing would clarify which meaning is intended, am I right?