[tlhIngan Hol] Noun-noun constructions with conjunctions

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Tue Nov 23 08:05:33 PST 2021

If the conjunction in a noun-noun construction comes at the end, the resulting expression is ambiguous, right?

*be' loD je paq* - *the book of the woman and the man*
*be' paq, juH qach je* - *the book and the house of the woman* or *the book of the woman and the house*

I suppose context will clarify and, if not, we could say something like *be' paq, juH qachDaj je* (*the book of the woman and her house*).

But what about *'op* or *Hoch*? In my last text I wanted to say *Some organizations, shops and churchs*. I think in English like in Spanish or German you would probably understand that I mean *Some organizations, some shops and some churchs*, but if I say: *'op DIvI', malja', chIrgh je*, does it also work in Klingon or must I repeat *'op*: *'op DIvI', 'op malja', 'op chIrgh je*?

Thank you!