[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon food vocabulary

James Landau savegraduation at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 22:31:35 PST 2021

I spent most of the last several hours adding food words (including a new section for meals) to http://klingon.wiki/En/FoodVocabulary
I went about it by looking for words in the food section and words for edible plants in the plant section of the Landau Core Vocabulary, and finding words that had Klingon equivalents, but weren't already on the wiki article's list. I'm pretty sure I've got all the real words (including edible animals' meats), but there may be some fictional foods I've overlooked (confession: I've never watched Star Trek).
I decided not to add *borghel* because although it sounds like a quail to me, I can't figure out the pun and I'm not really sure that borghel is intended to be quail. I have eaten quail, though, and it is delicious, as are their eggs.