[tlhIngan Hol] new word: chotlh

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 08:51:20 PST 2021

Hello again,

for my translation of Alice, we discovered another word which I think is
very useful, and I wonder why we had never had (or needed) this before.
I think that none of the existing {legh} and {bej} really cover what
this means:

<<<
The word {chotlh} means "stare at" or "gaze at" or "observe."  You'd
also use it (often without an object) to mean staring off into space,
staring at nothing in particular, zoning out. So it's used when you're
looking at something intently, with a lot of focus, but also when you're
not particularly focused. It can also be used for "ogle." Context
clarifies which sort of connotation is intended.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"