[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: puS

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue May 25 04:02:33 PDT 2021

On 5/24/2021 11:27 PM, Will Martin wrote:
> The term “a couple” is two. It doesn’t sound as precise as two, but it
> really is two.

/Couple/ means two, but if it turns out to be one or three, you weren't
incorrect. /Pair/ and /brace/ (archaic) both mean exactly two.

> “several” is three or four. Two is already covered by "a couple", and
> and five is covered by “a handful”.

In no way do I associate five with a /handful./ I've never heard anyone
say that. To me, a /handful/ is even more vague than /several./

> So, I read {puS} as “3-5”.

I read *puS* as/significantly smaller than average./ If I've got an army
of a five thousand soldiers, and yours is only six hundred soldiers,
your soldiers are *puS.*