[tlhIngan Hol] 'eSpanya' 'ewrop je (Beginner's text and questions)

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Wed May 26 07:59:23 PDT 2021

qen jIjatlhpu’ DoyIchlan Dabbogh 'eSpanya'ngan jIH. DaH loQ SepwIj vIrIch vIneH.

'ewrop DIvI' loch 'eSpanya', qaStaHvIS DIS 1986 lochchoHpu'. SepwIjvaD QaQqu' ghu'vam, vurchoHlaHpu' 'eSpanya'.

wa' nugh 'oH 'ewrop'e', 'ach nugh law' yugh. Sepmey tInqu' nganpu'vaD chaq jum ngoDvam. Do'Ha' 'ev chan 'ev mIp law' tIng chan tIng mIp puS. vummeH, ghu'vammo' 'ev chan 'ev lujaH nuv law'. ro' mojchugh ghIt, qabqu' 'ev chan 'ev muD. ghIQmeH, tIng chan tIng lujaH nuv law'. nuvvamvaD roD Daj je tIng chan tIng yIn. boqyIn rur ghu'vam.

As usual, I would appreciate any help / correction in order to improve my Klingon. I also have three questions:

1. With *'ewrop DIvI' loch 'eSpanya', qaStaHvIS DIS 1986 lochchoHpu'* I tried to get the meaning of *since*. Is there another way to say it (*since a point in the past till now*)?

2. I was not sure if *loch* only works for mathematics and *yugh* only for chemistry. If it is so, how could I say *be a part / member of* and *consist of* in Klingon?

3. With *SepwIjvaD QaQqu' ghu'vam* I mean *this situation IS very good for my country*. But if I want to say that the fact of becoming a member of the European Union WAS very good for my country, would something like *QaQpu'qu' ngoDvam* work? I'm actually thinking of the Spanish form *fue* (perfective), which I would use here instead of *era* (imperfective), but I don't know if this works in Klingon similarly.

Thank you!