[tlhIngan Hol] 'eSpanya' 'ewrop je (Beginner's text and questions)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu May 27 06:43:00 PDT 2021

yugh                     include, consist of, be composed of (v) (qepHom 2015)

cha’ bIQSIp HeySelmey, wa’ yInSIp HeySel je yugh bIQ ’o’rIS.
The water molecule consists of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
 (Lieven, OK'd by Okrand at qepHom 2015)

QongtaHvIS HeghDI' SuvwI', 'oynot, Hom je neH yugh.
A warrior who dies in his sleep is no more than flesh and bone.
 (DSC/Qov "Battle At the Binary Stars" NON-CANON)

yughmoH            include,  cause to be included (v)

(De'vID, from Okrand, 2/17/2018):  To filter (in this sense) is {yughmoH} “include” (that is, “cause to be included”).  So {X neH yughmoH} “filter for X only, include X only".

--Voragh

From: tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org> On Behalf Of SuStel