[tlhIngan Hol] {-vaD} and {-moH} combination as a {-bogh} clause

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue May 18 06:17:38 PDT 2021

On 5/18/2021 8:25 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> yaS luHoHpu' Ha'DIbaHmeyvaD mo' vI'elmoHpu'bogh.
> the officer was killed by the animals which I caused to enter the cage.
>
> Ha'DIbaHmeyvaD mo' lu'elmoHpu'bogh DIlegh.
> we see the animals which they caused to enter the cage.
>
> lugh'a' mu'tlheghmeyvam?

No. These are examples of the /ship in which I fled/ problem. Okrand
said that he couldn't find a way to make the head noun of a relative
clause anything other than the subject or object of the clause. We take
that to mean it's not allowed.  His solution was to recast into multiple
sentences. http://klingonska.org/canon/1995-06-holqed-04-2-a.txt

*Ha'DIbaHmeyvamvaD mo' vI'elmoHpu'. yaS luHoHpu' bIH.
*/I made these animals enter the cage. They killed the officer./

*Ha'DIbaHmeyvaD mo' lu'elmoHpu' chaH. bIH DIlegh.
*/They (people) made the animals enter the cage. We see them (the animals)./