[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: San'emDer

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon May 10 07:49:14 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, May 08, 2021

Klingon word: San'emDer
Part of speech: noun
Definition: plant
Source: qep'a' 26  [2019]

(qep’a’ 2019):  This refers to an individual plant, typically with stems, leaves, etc. It is not used for fungi or algae.

CULTURAL NOTES:
(KGT 85):  The Klingon diet consists primarily of animal matter. With a few notable exceptions, plants seldom form the bases of dishes in their own right, though they are used quite a bit in food preparation, particularly as seasoning.

SEE:
tI 		vegetation (n)
naH 		fruit/vegetable (n)

SEE ALSO:
tIr 		grain (n)
Sor 		tree (n)
'InSong 		flower (n)
lav 		bush (n)

raS'IS 		seed (n)
ghub 		bud (n)
bartIq 		branch (of tree) (n)
Qechjem’a’ 	trunk (n)
por  		leaf (n)

poch 		plant (v)
yob 		harvest (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen