[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghevjur

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon May 3 08:42:00 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, May 03, 2021

Klingon word: 	ghevjur
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	shovel
Source: 	qep'a' 25  [2018]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE ALSO:
molHa’ 		dig up (v)
  -  (qep'a' 2018):  like a bone or a fossil
tlhan 		dig [into] (v)
  - (qep'a' 2018): the object is dirt or soil or a field or a road, for
      example, not “hole”
ghaw  		excavate, dig (a hole, trench, ditch, etc.) (v)
  - (qepHom 2019):  use {ghaw} when the object is the resulting hole;
      use {tlhan} when the object is the material being removed

QemjIq  	hole (n)
taSman  	ditch (n)
yav  		ground,  soil (n)
lam 		dirt (n)
pay'rIn 		excavation, dug-up ruins (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen