[tlhIngan Hol] difference between someone somebody and vay'

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 07:37:56 PDT 2021

jIH:
> One could wonder, whether in the alien
> language of Klingon (which is
> so alien that is crawling with terran puns),
> the {vay'} has the same
> "informal" character as in English.
SuStel:
> Wait, you're suggesting that vay' is
> informal because Okrand mentioned the
> word somebody in the gloss but not the
> word someone?

No, not at all!

The "which is so alien that is crawling with terran puns" part of the
sentence was written, because I was fed up by all the
"klingon-alien-language" crap.

It wasn't my intention to imply that because there are a ton of terran
puns, we need to attribute to the {vay'} conclusions drawn from English.

Sorry for not clarifying this from the start. It's just that my disgust for
all this "alien crap" bled through to the original post.

~ Dana'an