[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghaw

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 25 08:26:01 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, March 21, 2021

Klingon word: 	ghaw
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	excavate, dig (a hole, trench, ditch, etc.)
Source: 	qepHom 2019

(qepHom 2019):   use {ghaw} when the object is the resulting hole; use {tlhan} when the object is the material being removed

SEE:
tlhan  		dig [into] (v)
 - (qep'a' 2018):  the object is dirt or soil or a field or a road, for example, not “hole”
molHa’ 		dig up (like a bone or a fossil) (v)

SEE ALSO:
pay'rIn 		excavation, dug-up ruins (n)
roSqa' 		archaeological artifact (n)
roSqa'QeD  	archaeology (n)
ghevjur 	shovel (n)
Daqrab 		well (n)
‘an’or 		fossil (n)
Hom 		bone (n)
yav  		ground,  soil (PB) (n)
lam		dirt (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen