[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qel

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 25 08:18:49 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, March 25, 2021

Klingon word: 	qel
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	nod
Source: 	qep'a' 27 [2020]

(qep’a’ 2020):  This means lower the head slightly whether or not the head is again raised. So, among other things, it can refer to nodding to the beat of music or nodding off (falling asleep). The subject might be, for example, {nach} "head" (even though this might be considered redundant) or the nodder. It does not take an object. Okrand did not know if Klingons would nod to say yes. {qel} means "lower the head". For "lift the head", he looked weird about {noDHa'} and translated it as "mis-nod". (Q&A)

N.B.  Do not confuse with the verb {qel} "take into account,  consider".

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen