[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SIryoD

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 9 07:49:36 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Klingon word: SIryoD
Part of speech: noun
Definition: body armor (old form) (prefered by Maltz)
Source: qepHom 2015 p.14

(qepHom 2015 p.14):  Maltz just said {SIryoD} is "body armor". He said he thought about other words too, he mentioned {may’ Sut}, but he liked that {SIryoD} better. He said {SIryoD} is an old word.

CULTURAL NOTES:
  The stolen Sword of Kahless is “more coveted than Sabak’s armor” (Kor, DS9 "The Sword of Kahless")

SEE:
may'luch 	battle gear, panoply, complete set of armor and weapons
QanwI' 		[piece of protective armor plating on a ship (KBoP poster)]

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen