[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tlhom

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 29 08:44:39 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, March 29, 2021

Klingon word: tlhom
Part of speech: noun
Definition: dusk
Source: qep'a' 23  [2016]

(qurgh, 8/18/2016):  {tlhom} and {chum} were new words created because one of the new Friends of Maltz specifically asked for a way to talk about the visual experience of sunrise and sunset. Those phrases were then added to the dictionary as the specific way Klingons talk about those experiences.

SEE:
chum  		be colorful (v)
tlhom chum 	sunset (i.e. colorful sky) (n)
jajlo’ chum	sunrise (n)

SEE ALSO:
jul  		sun (n)
jajlo'  		dawn (n)
choS 		twilight, evening (n)
Hurgh 		be dark (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen