[tlhIngan Hol] jIH Daq DopDaq

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Mar 10 07:42:50 PST 2021

On 3/10/2021 9:07 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> SuStel:
> > So far as we know, yes, only the nouns
> > that give a relative location let you say
> > pronoun noun.
>
> Is the {Daq Dop} a noun giving a relative location? I'm asking to make
> certain I understand correctly what a relative location actually is.

No, I'm referring to words like *Hay*/area beyond/ and *Dung* /area
above/ that refer to locations in reference to some other location. Area
beyond what? Area above what? When you think about the word
*Daq*/location,/ you don't necessarily think "location relative to what?"

You could say *jIH Hay*/area beyond me/ or *jIH Dung*/area above me,/
but not *jIH Daq* — that would have to be *DaqwIj//*/my location./