[tlhIngan Hol] subject of the verb which refers to the verb of a net sao

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 05:04:10 PST 2021

According to tkd:

----------

When the verb of the second sentence has a third-person subject (that is,
the pronominal prefix is 0) but the intended meaning is <one> or <someone,>
rather than <he, she, it,> or <they,> {net} is used instead of {'e'.}
{qama'pu' DIHoH net Sov} <One knows we kill prisoners.> As above, the first
sentence here is {qama'pu' DIHoH} <We kill prisoners.> The second sentence
is {net Sov} <One knows that.> The full construction implies that it is
common knowledge that the group to which the speaker belongs kills
prisoners.
{Qu'vaD lI' net tu'bej} <One certainly finds it useful for the mission.>
The first part of this example is {Qu'vaD lI'} <It is useful for the
mission> ({Qu'vaD} <for the mission,> {lI'} <it is useful>). The second
part is {net tu'bej} <One certainly finds that> or <One certainly observes
that.> The full construction might also be translated <One will certainly
observe that it is useful to the mission.> Note that although the word
<will> makes a more flowing translation, there is nothing in the Klingon
sentence indicating future tense.

Suppose we want to say: "if someone believes gowron is crazy, he's wrong".

There are two options:

maw' ghawran net Harchugh, vaj mujlu'.

maw' ghawran net Harchugh, vaj muj vay'vam/nuvvam/ghotvam/etc.

Which of the two would be the correct choice?

~ Dana'an
remain klingon