[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'al

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Mar 31 10:44:03 PDT 2021

Am 11.03.2021 um 16:49 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, March 11, 2021
>
> Klingon word: 	'al
> Part of speech: 	verb
> Definition: 	float (in/on air)
> --
> Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
>      Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen
>      behind in updating my files and adding cross-references for related words.

[Talking about a parachute] Maltz knew two ways to refer to this device.
The apparatus that creates some sort of force field that counters
gravity when descending is {tlham rI'gheS}, literally "gravity
deflector." The old-fashioned contraption that resembles an umbrella is
informally called {'alwI'} "floater." Maltz didn't know if there was a
more technical term.

(qepHom 2020)

--
Lieven L. Litaer