[tlhIngan Hol] some more from Maltz

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Mar 26 05:56:54 PDT 2021

On 3/26/2021 8:09 AM, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> Am 26.03.2021 um 12:55 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
>>  > MO: Thinking like a Klingon, will making
>>  > use of {boq} ("alliance, coalition" / "ally
>>  > with") work?
>>
>> So does 'oqranD ask whether {boq} would work, or does he say that {boq}
>> indeed actually works?
>
> When he asks it this way, it usually means that it does work.
> It's similar to "Why don't you use xy?"
>
> (Of course, in case I would have said NO, he might have found a
> different word. So he really asks wheter the word would work, but
> implies that it should.)

He's doing exactly what we do: finding a way to say something using
existing tools. He's not decreeing that "this is the way Klingons do it"
or even that "Klingon doesn't have that."

In other words, don't put "use the word *boq* for business alliances
instead of *qoch*" into your personal dictionary.