[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'al

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 11 07:49:44 PST 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, March 11, 2021

Klingon word: 	'al
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	float (in/on air)
Source: 	qepHom 2016

'ej Heghpu'wI'pu'ma' lommey?  che'ronDaq 'al, luweghbe'lu'taHvIS.
And our dead?  They float untethered on the battlefield.
 (DSC/Qov "Battle At the Binary Stars" [NON-CANON])

 (qep’a’ 2019):  For random numbers, as when throwing dice, use the verb {'al} "float" instead of {Haw} ["be random, arbitrary, unpredictable, fortuitous"]:
	mI' 'al    	(a) random number
	'al mI' 		the number is random.
There is also a slang expression {Du'Hom mI'} "random number" (literally "garden number").

SEE:
‘ay 	float  (v)
(qep'a' 2018):  in/on water or other liquids; for in space, see "be adrift" {rIjHa’})

SEE ALSO:
vIH 	move, be in motion (v)
qaj 	soar (v)
joq 	flap, flutter (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen