[tlhIngan Hol] leS "days from now" and numbers on plural nouns and inherently plural nouns

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu Mar 11 04:18:30 PST 2021

The world order is reversed from the normal noun-noun word order of N1’s N2 or N2 of N1. Look at {Hoch}. {Hoch SuvwI’} is “all soldiers”. {SuvwI’ Hoch} is the entire soldier or “all of the soldier”.

{wa’ SuvwI’} is “one soldier”. {SuvwI’ wa’} is “soldier number one”.

I am honestly clueless as to how to translate {wa’ SuvwI’pu’} for the same reason that I don’t understand the meaning of the English “one soldiers”. In a place where there is usually affirming grammatical redundancy, the redundancy is broken.

Sent from my iPad