[tlhIngan Hol] two -bogh clauses on a noun without being joined by 'ej

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 04:15:23 PST 2021

> yoHbogh matlhbogh je SuvwI'
> Say'moHchu' may' 'Iw
> The blood of battle washes clean
> the warrior brave and true. (Anthem)

Did 'oqranD write this?

SuStel:
> And it seems to be conjoined by a je, which is why I didn't bring it up.
> It doesn't match what Qa'yIn is trying to do. If it had been yoHbogh matlhbogh
> SuvwI', it would have been what he was asking about.

Yes, indeed. And this {je} confuses me; isn't the {je} supposed to be
joining only nouns? Or is it being intentionally misused for poetic
reasons?

On the other hand though, perhaps it's used with the "too" meaning of
{je} in mind; i.e. "a warrior who is brave and true too".

~ Dana'an
Ουαί υμίν γραμματείς και Φαρισαίοι υποκριταί