[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: vemmoH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 28 08:37:24 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, June 28, 2021

Klingon word: 	vemmoH
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	light a fire, lit. wake up, cause to wake up
Source: 	qepHom 2020

qanjIt qan vemmoH moratlh, vavDaj ghaH qanjIt'e'
Morath wakes his father, the old Kanjit  (PB)

SEE:
vem 		 wake up,  cease sleeping (v)
  - bIQongtaHvIS nItlhejchugh targhmey bIvemDI' nItlhej ghIlab ghewmey
    If you sleep with targs, you'll wake up with glob flies.  (TKW)

N.B. Do not confuse with the unrelated noun {vem} "print, mark, tracks, image, pattern (left in the dirt from stepping on it)" (qepHom 2015 p.20).

SEE ALSO:
Doy' 		be tired (v)
leS 		rest (v)
Dum 		nap (v)
Qong  		sleep,  be sleeping (v)
vul 		be unconscious (v)
naj 		dream (v)
'ergh 		hallucinate (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen