[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Haw'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 17 08:26:24 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	Haw'
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	flee,  get out

ghorgh Haw'pu' yaS
When did the officer flee? TKD

qatlh Haw'pu' yaS
Why did the officer flee? TKD

chay' Haw'pu' yaS
How did the officer flee? TKD

Haw'pu' yaS 'ar
How many officers fled? TKD

moratlh | DaH bIHaw'laHtaHbe' | puj 'uSDu'lIj
Now, Morath | You can run no more, Your legs are weak. PB

yerchajvo' Haw' qamchIynganpu' ngIq nuv luHoH
The people of Qam-Chee, They fled their territory, And were killed one by one. PB

may'meyDajvo' Haw'be' tlhIngan
A Klingon does not run away from his battles. TKW

TREK TRIVIA:
"I am a Klingon, sir. For me to seek escape when my captain goes into battle..! " (Worf, when ordered to take command of the saucer section; Picard bluntly reminds him that he is a Starfleet officer first [TNG "Encounter at Farpoint I"])

TORG:  	My Lord.  The ship appears to be deserted.
KRUGE: How can that be?  They're hiding!
TORG:  	Yes sir. But the bridge appears to be run by computer. It is the only thing speaking.
KRUGE: Speaking?  Let me hear.
COMPUTER: Nine, eight, seven, six, five ...
KRUGE: Get out!  Get out of there!  Get out!
COMPUTER: ... one.
   < kaboom!!! >  [ST3]

SEE ALSO:
lel 		get/take out (v)
ghIm 		exile (v)
nargh 		escape (v)
mej 		leave, depart (v)
tlheD 		depart (v)
qeD 		vacate (v)
lon 		abandon (v)

lulIgh 		refuge (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen