[tlhIngan Hol] je "too" referring to the type-5'ed noun

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 06:21:29 PDT 2021

Sometime ago, I was wondering whether the {je} "too" can refer to the
type-5'ed noun of the sentence, in the following way:

juHDaq jIvum je
I work at the house too

Today, I accidentally read the following paq'batlh sentence, which as darth
Sidious would say, was "a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one":

chalqachDaq bIQaDbe' je
even in a tower you are not safe

I think this sentence shows that the {je} "too" *can* indeed refer to the
type-5'ed noun of the sentence too. I know that the translation is given as
"even.." instead of "at a tower you aren't safe too", but obviously this is
just a matter of choice of words. The only way I can understand it is "in a
tower you aren't safe too", i.e. "among the various places where you aren't
safe, is a tower too".

~ Dana'an
one day Apollo will return to stay forever