[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: vorgh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 25 10:43:43 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	vorgh
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be previous
Source: 	qep'a' 23 [2015]

(qep’a’ 2015):  When asked about navigating lists or events, [Maltz] gave us {vorgh} "be previous" (opposite of {veb} "be next").  Can also use {nungbogh} {(nung} "precede")…

(qepHom 2019 booklet):  {Qav} means "last, final";  it does not mean previous or most recent, so when talking about the last qep'a' you shouldn't use {Qav}, unless it's definitely the last one ever.

muDDaq neH muD Dujmey vorgh lu'orlu', 'ach loghDaq puvlaH Dujmey 'orbogh nuv 'e' 'agh X-wa'maH vagh.
{the X-15] bridged the gap between human flight in the atmosphere and spaceflight  (NASM: X-15)

SEE ALSO:
veb 		be next (in a series, sequence) (v)
 - SuvwI' qa' patlh veb chavlaHmeH tlhIngan lo'chu' chaH. toDujDaj toblu'
    [They] use the devices [painstiks] to inflict pain in a manner which will allow the
    Klingon to attain a higher state of spirituality as a warrior, proving his mettle. (S32)
  - jopDI’ ’ovwI’ veb, ’echletHom tlhap
    When the next player takes his/her turn, he/she takes a card. (qep’a’ 2020)
  - Do'natu vaghDaq DIvI' wIlulpu' 'a qaStaHvIS poH veb mayonchoHchu'pu'.
    We have become complacent in the time since we last battled the Federation at
     Donatu V. (DSC/Qov "Battle At the Binary Stars")

nung  		precede (v)
  - poH tuj bI'reS nungbogh wa' jaj qeylIS DIS chorghvatlh loSmaH jav qaStaHvIS. [sic]
    In the days that follow the summer solstice in the Year of Kahless 846. ('U'-MTK)
  - may' lunungbogh repmey'e' qeylISvaD mu'meyvam ja'ta' molor qotar je
    This is what Kotar and Molor have said to Kahless in the hours before battle. (PB)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen