[tlhIngan Hol] vech

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Thu Jun 17 08:24:37 PDT 2021

On 6/17/2021 11:14 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> I haven't been able to understand the previous discussion, because -
> qeylIS knows - my brain lacks the "ability to understand grammar
> circuit". So I need to ask.
>
> Ca'Non A:
>
> Qo'noS tuqmey muvchuqmoH qeylIS
> kahless united the tribes of kronos
>
> Ca'Non B:
>
> nItlhDu' vIvechchuqmoH
> I cross my fingers
>
> Is there any difference between A and B? Aren't they exactly the same?

Yes, they use the same grammar. The main difference is that the first
one doesn't have a prefix, so ostensibly conforms to the restriction
given in TKD about prefixes with reflexive suffixes. The second one
flagrantly violates it. I believe the text of TKD isn't trying to be a
comprehensive rule about prefixes, but rather describes the fact that
objects in English like /myself/ and /each other/ aren't objects in
Klingon but are instead built into the suffix.