[tlhIngan Hol] an observation on the use of {vI'} "decimal point"

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jun 15 05:07:26 PDT 2021

Am 15.06.2021 um 13:46 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> At the above sentences we see, that the decimal numbers (if that's how
> you call in english the crap that follows the decimal point), is given
> by saying each number separately, instead of reading the whole number
> as a unit:

That is indeed a good observation, and it makes my mathematic brain
quite happy.

I don't know how they do it in English, but I remember my math professor
who kept repeating that it's incorrect to say things like "three point
twenty-five", which many people do in everyday life. From a
mathematician point that's nonsense and also confusing, as 0.25 is the
same as 0.250, so reading it as a unit would cause trouble.

Good to know that Klingon scientists are aware of this.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"