[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: luSpet

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 8 08:13:46 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Klingon word: 	luSpet
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	black hole (astronomical phenomenon)

ghe''orDaq luSpet 'oH DaqlIj'e'
You belong in a black hole in the Netherworld! (PK)

TREK TRIVIA:
   The Enterprise was caught by "a black star of high gravitational attraction" in the area of Starbase 9 near Earth.  The "rebound" while pulling free opened a time warp and sent the ship back to 1969. (TOS "Tomorrow is Yesterday"; broadcast 1967)  "Notably, this was eleven months before John Wheeler coined the term 'black hole'.  Before that, the generally used term was 'frozen star'." (QeS)

   “In the year 2387, the galaxy is threatened by an unusually volatile supernova.  Ambassador Spock pilots a ship carrying “red matter”, intending to create an artificial black hole to consume the supernova.  Before Spock completes his mission, the supernova destroys the planet Romulus.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_(film) ), ST11

SEE ALSO:
Hov			 star (n)
Dejpu'bogh Hov 	collapsed star (n)
  (QeS): "Neutron stars are collapsed stars, but not (yet) black holes."
  - Dejpu'bogh Hov rur qablIj
    Your face looks like a collapsed star! PK
puyjaq 			nova (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen